Sunday, September 6, 2009

Every saga has a beginning...

It was great when it all began...

As many of you know, TMI is currently on a hiatus while Jan and I continue in our foolhardy attempts to grow up and become responsible adults. Thus far, Jan is a full horse's length ahead of me in the race to achieve financial adequacy, as he has recently scored himself a brand new JOERB. Congratulations are, of course, in order. I, on the other hand, still spend most of my time playing dress-up and make-believe with other like-minded individuals (most currently in Arcadia, which just wrapped up a weekend at RPI in Troy and has two performances left next Friday and Saturday September 11-12 at 8PM, ticketsonsalenow call 518-276-6503) and have the same job I've had for the past 6 years. BUT-- now I take a graduate course in Information Sciences, so there might still be some hope for me.

Yes, we (and by "we," I mostly mean Jan) have come a long way since the days of "Chocolate" and "Let the Right One In." In that time, we've brought people to the verge of laughter and the precipice of interest. We've laughed together and we've cried together, and occasionally we've laughed separately at those of us who have cried...but did you know TMI wasn't always the carefully polished and finely tuned instrument it is today? The truth may shock you.

For TMI wasn't always a well-oiled machine. In fact, there was a time when TMI wasn't even called TMI. In this never-before-aired pilot episode, bear witness to the conversation that started a revolution. No movie, no review, just me and Jan talking about our ideas for the show, and movies that we fully intended to see, but never actually followed through on. Marvel at our shaky claims of manliness. See Jan pull back the curtain roughly 29 minutes into the show and expose us as the frauds we are. Also discover why, in my opinion, the most badass action hero of all time was a certain Mr. Fieval Mousekawitz.

TMI (With Jan and I!)-Episode 0: [The Lost Episode] "Secret Origins"

No comments:

Post a Comment