Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ignorance is Often Bliss

Thanks to this Twilight craze the kids keep yapping about, we are now living in the Golden Age of the vampire. With such an oversaturation of waifish fluid-drinkers, what makes vampire movies like "Let the Right One In" stand out?

Well, it's actually pretty good for one thing.

For another...

Yeah, I'm sorry, but you'll have to find out the same way poor Jan found out. Poor, trusting Jan...

Rated NSFW due to adult situations, violence, 12-year-old romance, and Jan freaking the hell out and swearing for two minutes solid.

TMI (with Jan and I!): Episode 3- [Let the Right One In] "In Which Jan Discovers Beauty, and Steve Destroys it for Him Forever"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - I saw Lost Highway at the spectrum (12 years ago!). That movie messed me up. Another crazy move is a french film called the piano teacher but that just crazy people - nothing super natural or martial art related. After seeing both of those movies I really felt like sitting in a corner and watch Disney movies over and over again.

    Have you read any of the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris? (I think there is 9 of them so far) It was what the HBO series Tru Blood is based off of. She puts her own spin on Vampire Mythology. I would suggest them as a read (so far I liked the first book the least). They are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chels. I haven't read any of Charlaine Harris' books, but I did catch a few episodes of True Blood, and I thought it was pretty good. Like some of the more interesting episodes of that "Kindred" show that was based off the White Wolf properties.

    I will definitely check out Lost Highway and keep it in mind for a possible future podcast, as I've heard good things about it. That and The Audition, which I've heard is REALLY messed up. It'll be a tough sell to Jan, given his low tolerance for things of a messed up nature, but I'm sure he'll let his guard slip one of these days. Thanks for commenting, Chels! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete